Friday, January 05, 2007

Sweet Sonnet

Here's the peekie of the January Poppy Project that I promised. It's so very sweet. It'll make the perfect gift for your Valentine, and it even comes with it's own wrapping paper. I can't wait to show you the whole thing!

Here's my favorite sonnet:
Sonnet XVII
Pablo Neruda
I don't love you as if you were the salt-rose, topaz
or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:
I love you as certain dark things are loved,
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that doesn't bloom and carries
hidden within itself the light of those flowers,
and thanks to your love, darkly in my body
lives the dense fragrance that rises from the earth.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,
I love you simply, without problems or pride:
I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving

but this, in which there is no I or you,
so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of this! Can't wait to see more. Love Pablo Neruda.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks wonderfully wonderful! I cant wait to purchase this kit!! Love the sonnet.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

u have my interest lol!!!

10:54 PM  
Blogger corinne5 said...

I so wish the shipping wouldn't cost that much, I just ADORE your kits so much and am drooling at your work each month! You are truly one of my favorite scrappers!

Corinnexxx

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home