Thursday, October 05, 2006

Little Bits of Happy.

That's really all I need. Little doses of happiness--spread out over the minutes, days, weeks...just little doses. There has been so much ugliness in the news and in outer facets of my life that I just have to focus on the *hAppY*

Here's what makes me smile.
1) Getting my inbox down to one page. I cannot even express how fullfilling that is. That's a HUGE dose of happy.

2)Gibb's laugh. Even the girls at school talk abt his laugh. He has the greatest laugh. Even when he was a newborn he laughed like an adult, but only when he was sleeping.

3)Planning kits. I LOVE putting product together. Seriously love it. I don't know what I'd do with my time if I didn't have that to do. Maybe I'd take up knitting. Nahhhh... ;p

4) New clothes. I think clothes are my biggest weakness. I've always been that way. I stopped liking clothes when I gained weight. But now I like them again.

5) Getting kits. I got a kit in the mail today. That, my friends, is one of the bestest things!

6) Robbs afro. My sweetie has curly hair and he's just letting it grow and grow and grow. When it has product it looks very tame, but when he combs it out, it add a full 12 inches to his head. Tee-hee. He cracks me up.

7) Visiting the mom. That is where I decompress. I walk into her house and it feels so fresh and quiet and relaxing. I'm so grateful that I have a place to go where I can get away.

8) Grey's Anatomy. I didn't really get to watch it tonight, but I did get to hear it. It's my little vice. I think it's good to have a little vice. It keeps us human.

This quote makes me happy:

"Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the estatic experience." --Emily Dickinson

Oh, and I made these shirts for my sweet nieces. I bought cheap-o shirts at Walmart and embellied them with Heidi Swapp iron-ons and my mama's crocheted flowers. I think they look pretty cutie.

Catch ya' later!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright, which kit are you getting in the mail??? i need to know! ;-) tee hee

Nicole

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable shirts!

Have I mentioned lately that I cannot wait for my PI goodies to arrive? :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Okay...I will have to agree with you on your number four. The 10th of the month seems like forever and then it happens, I drive home and from my driveway, I see...I am straining my neck…I see…the USPS box at my front door..."The KIT, Poppy Ink kit is here.” I love kits, really it is all about the product and you, my friend, give a wide spread of variety. That BeSt thing about your kits is the assortment and thought that you put into them. It is not as if you are buying the same line and the entire corresponding product (I can do that at the store). You really put together an exclusive kit, truly, one of a kind.
Thank You.
P.S. I have learned if you do not buy the “add ons” on the first day of the month…. to bad, so sad. =( {just a saying I have picked up from my four year old.}

8:19 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Love your little bits of happiness. We all *definitely* need that!!!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally need the happy too
i think that's why i mostly scrap silly happy things
love the shirts

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home