Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Etc.


I've been a little MIA in the blogging arena. My apologies. I think that I'm gonna make it a goal to write a little blurb once a day...we'll see how that goal goes!

I totally wanted to share this last week, but I kept putting it off. I taught a little class to my sister's young womens group (an LDS chruch group). It really was fun! I put little kits together from left over Poppy Ink stuff. We did a little AAM album. I printed them off a whole bunch of these labels from Rhonna Farrer (which if you haven't bought, you should :) and gave them bits of paper and ribbon. It was a paper bag album that I spray painted with a homemade mask. I really do love how it turned out and I think the girls had a great time!



In other news it's back 2 skool time in the Burch house. Robb headed back to school yesterday, and I think it was super hard on Gibb. He LOVES his daddy. They are the bestest of buds and they've been able to spend a ton of time together the last few months. When we dropped Robb off yesterday Gibb was so very sad. I was too. I don't like that summer is over. We've had such an amazing time. We took one last trip to the lake on Saturday. It was bittersweet. It was FREEZING, but we had a great time. ::sigh:: It's been an awesome summer. Here's a pic of Gibb at our last 2006 lake outing...man I love that kid. :)



AND. Without furtur ado. Here's a peek at the September kits at Poppy Ink. I used items from the main kit, Home Sweet Home and the 2 add-ons kits, Acorn and Hearth. It's a little mini-album abt a fall outing. So, in lieu of a Poppy Project this month...you can make this! Acron will come with 2 chipboard slide mailers for the album. So very fun to make! :)










Catch ya' later. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Looks like the class was super fun! And I'm so super excited for September's kit...I LOVE fall!!!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather
you are a scrapping master
and your photos are cool too

10:46 AM  
Blogger The Buford Family said...

you're so ARTSY!!!!!!! Does Robb go to school AND work AND do Poppy Ink???? Holy Cow - he's a superhero! Very cool that Gibb gets extra time with him!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun projects! Love your work. Good luck with school... Lee is starting back up this semester too and I'm so not looking forward to it:(

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, i can't wait!
robb is in el ed, right? if he ever needs to borrow and idea or something, he can always contact me. i've been teaching for a long time and i adore it.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh...eye candy!
tfs!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

opps..should have signed in..last comment was from me!
V

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home