Friday, August 04, 2006

Just Breathe.

I love that photo. My boyz. Again. HA! I guess I can do that since it's my blog!

We just got back from the Doctor. ::sigh::
I love good doctors. You know the ones that put you at ease and explain everything in such a way that you don't feel stupid, and when they're done you don't have any questions. Gibb's totally fine. We are going to take the tiny little mass out and it'll be an outpatient procedure. He will have to go under anesthetics, and that makes me nervous, but I'm trying just to think positive... The surgeon told me that we can plan the surgery around our time schedule. He told us not to cancel vacations, and to just plan for it during a time that would be good for us. So that's a good thing. I think we're gonna plan it for mid-September, after kits are sent out and I can just focus on my little guy. He was such a trooper. He usually screams when doctors approach him, but he didn't this time. He just laid on the table with a train in each hand and let the doctor press on his belly. He even chattered a bit abt his button...my silly little man is gonna be okay. Thank goodness.

I'm feelin' chatty, so I think I'll do Sophia C's blogging challenge.

Top 10 Surprises in My Life:
(in no particular order)

one.
Call it inexperience. Call it naivete. I didn't expect motherhood to be this hard. I mean there's lots of good stuff, but there's lots of rough stuff too...

two.
My scooter. My sixth Christmas I found a bright blue scooter under a quilt. Man, that was a great Christmas.

three.
Until recently I thought Alaska was an island. Really. I did. I was *sHockeD* when I found out that it's atached to Canada. Geography is soooo not my thing.

four.
Kissing is like really fabulous. ::blush:: I won't tell you how I found that out. ;)

five.
The day my grandma passed. I never ever ever thought I'd lose her.

six.
Valentines Day 1999. Robb planned the bestest date ever. He sneaked into my dorm room and took me to the beach for breakfast. We had cereal and just watched the sunrise. While I was gone he had my friends decorate my room with balloons and flowers Then we went for a hike to a waterfall and he brought a picnic and sketch books with oil pastels. We just sat on a rock and drew pictures. Then we went to a movie and dinner and sat on the beach some more. ::sigh:: Those were the days. ;P

seven.
I can buy flowers for myself. AND enjoy them.

eight.
Scrapbooking. I so never thought I'd be a scrappin' mamma. THAT is a B I G surprise. Even now.

nine.
Finding music. My parents were never really into music. I mean we listened to it in the car, but in High School I really got into it. And it wasn't just because I dated a boy who played guitar. I swear. ;)

ten.
Surprise birthday party in 8th grade. I didn't really have great friends that I could count on until that year. I remember being so floored that people would take the time to put something like that together for me...

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

So happy to hear that your little man is ok!!

Love reading your surprises...totally agree on the motherhood one!! Who knew?!?

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved for you that your little guy will be okay!! I never knew how much I could worry about someone until I had kids.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray! so glad to hear all is well! it'll all be okay - just keep breathing! have a good weekend. ~laura :)

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that things turned out fine. Sounds like you definitely do have a great doc too!

I loved reading your surprises too.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,

I was 23 when I figured out that Alaska was not an island! Everyone around me got a big kick out of it, I thought I was the only one! Geography is not my thing either! I blame all of those maps that stick Alaska and Hawaii together!

-V

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything went fine at the doctor. I've been through the whole anesthesia thing with my son recently. He had adnoid (sp?) surgery and tubes put in his ears. It was outpatient. At first, it's a little overwhelming. You sit there in the operating room and they put the gas over your son's face while your holding him. It was all over so quick, and I'm glad I was right there before they started, so I was the last person he saw before he went to sleep and the first when he woke up.

He didn't mind because the anesthesiologist told him jokingly that the gas would smell like Dinosaur farts. Hilarious. It eased my tension.

As a mama, our hearts break a little everyday. It's all part of the journey. Hold him close, take it slow. Lisa :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Deene Souza Photography said...

H&R,

SO SO HAPPY to hear that G is good. So scary when these guys get sick! I've diagnosed my kids with terminal illnesses many times. I'm glad I'm not the doc!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:08 PM  
Blogger marci lambert said...

i'm so behind. sorry.
but i just had a daughter go through outpatient surgery, so let me know if you need some tips!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
http://www.94-jeep-grand-cherokee-dash-kit.info/Jeep-j4000.html 1998 3.2 acura tl 0 http://www.changing-fuel-filter-on-1999-dodge-durango.info/Alternative-fuel-conversion-jeep.html New bern mazda keyword paxil side effects qoclick Antidepressants shops advertising advertising shops Soccer girls fucked Isuzu pic 1987 oldsmobile cutlass supreme specifications engine Humidifiers for sale in toronto

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! 1988 oldsmobile cutlass supreme specifications engine Tennis racketswilson tour 26+ vicodin Used subaru motor Land rover defender for north america 2007 mercedes benz ml brush bar Rubber backed area rug oldsmobile accessories oldsmobile bravada review order buy depakote saunas Shelly compton sex

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home