Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happiness is...


poppets! I've had the best time playing around with the Poppet stamp sets from Claudine Helmuth. I did a family portrait for me and one for my dad with all the grandkids. If you can swing it, totally get these sets! The paper is also amazing and the sweet diecut outfits are *almost* too good to be true. I found these super-cheap canvases at Walmart and I painted the backgroud . Fun Project

Here are some other *haPpY* things that have happened lately:

-two BIG boxes of the new Cherry Arte papers showed up at my door (hint, hint)
-seeing Fuss and Papa
-two full days of just creating
-movie with my sister (The Devil Wears Prada! LOVED this movie!)
-seeing my first design turned into a stamp (more news to come)
-holding my sweet boy while he's sleeping (he asked me, in his sleep to sing the "Bye" song...I nearly melted)
-new rug for family room
- overwhelming feelings of gratefulness for the success of Poppy Ink
- sweet e-mails from people I admire
...lots of things to be happy about lately...

By the way, my new word is Moodling. LOVE that word. Here's a quote from Brenda Ueland, "So you see, imagination needs moodling- long, inefficent, happy idling, dawdling, and puttering."
When I was little my mother always told me not to dawdle. I was soooo a dawdler. I liked to take my time, and think things out...to really *see* the world. I've lost that. I've missed being a dawdler.
I think I'm gonna give myself permission to be inefficent--to be happily idle--for the rest of the evening...

6 Comments:

Blogger Deene Souza Photography said...

Yep! Those are cute! I'm gonna play with those stamps VERY SOON darnit! I keep forgeting about them! I really need to organize my scrap closet so i can see what I got. And congrats on PI! I know it is rockin the scrapbook world when you sell out of kit in less than 24 hours. HELLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Hi Heather, I'm SO happy you've started a blog! I followed you from 2 peas over to Poppy Ink and I just love your fun, fresh & funky style!! I plan on stop by often. ;-)

12:43 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

i wanna see "devil"!!!
everyone tells me it's good!
and those poppets are totally cute!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Oooh, love that word!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those Poppets!
I passed on them and I think I'm starting to regret it!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. replica louis vutton watches Furniture built ins Medical billing and coding and insurance job Crib mattress colgate foam Milfs gag on dick Side affects of ambien and seroquol Zyban 150 mg glaxo wellcome Fluoxetine libido Suede mattress cover sova mattress

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home