Tuesday, June 27, 2006

::sigh:: I wish I could dance.



I do.
Like really, really wish.

We got the awesome chance to see my sweet niece in her dance class today. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so precious. My niece tends to be a little shy so it was great to see her really get out there and tap her feet and point her toes. Wonderful! :)
Totally took me back to my own venture as a tiny dancer. I was a Golden Girl. I still remember the cheer we did during parades:

We are the Golden Girls
and we are proud
that's why we yell
so very loud
::pause::
All right!


I totally still know the hand motions. I'll spare you the video feed of that little diddy. :P I do it for Robb sometimes. He laughs and pretends to kinda' chant along, but I see through his pretend interest. He doesn't share my dancing dream. ;)
It was one of those situations where I really REALLY wanted to be good, but even at seven I had cankles. Not a pretty look in pink tights and jazz shoes that were a couple sizes too big.

::sigh::

I'll have to stick to my little misses dance class and watching "So You Think You Can Dance" LOVE that show. I've cried every show! There are some amazing dancers. I LOVE Benji and Donyelle. The end of their cha-cha last week rocked my socks. Man, that's a great show. ;)

In other news:
I cooked again today. There must be something in the water...
I haven't cooked two days in a row since....well, ever...

random fact: The Gibb will be spending tomorrow night with my sister at my mom's house, without me. I feel a little weepy, but a little relieved, too. LOTS to do.
Catch ya' later! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Hi Heather!

I did ballet as a small child.... quit when before I was 8, and long for it so much that I was ecstatic when I had a daughter. She is SO going to do it! And now I have two daughters, so I am in hog heaven. They really are precious... I'm not going to be a stage mama. They can quit after I've seen them in the Nutcracker. tee hee

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! I can totally relate! I so wanted to be a dancer. I wantd to be the big time choreographer for a big time singer! ::sigh:: Oh well.. I can at least remember the moments. I remember a cheer we did too!! LoL my hubby just laughs at me when I do it! So I can see where you are coming from! :)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home