Wednesday, September 13, 2006

just thinkin'

Gibb's asleep. Thank goodness.
Robb's asleep. Thank goodness.

I'm not. It's been a rough couple of days--in many areas of my life. Gibb was scheduled to have surgery tomorrow (Wed.) to have his tumor (tiny little benign mass on his stomach muscle) taken out, but he's sick with a cold. I took him to the doctor today and we decided that it would be best to wait until the cold clears up...with my bad attitude I just thought, story of my life...what else will go wrong before some things start going right? Certainly not the right way to think of things, because there are many things that are right with my life. Too many things to count. I am so very blessed. And granted, I've hit a rough spot, but (like my husband has told me many times this past week) you just have to take it one step, one problem, one sad/ sweet/ disgruntled/ angry/ helpful/ grateful/ frustrated/ forgiving customer at a time. So that's what I'm doing. And I've started finally feeling okay, that I am doing the best that I can, in this moment.

I've also been getting crazy-inspired by the new fall clothes coming out at Anthropologie.



Geez Lousie. It doesn't get much prettier than that. I love the colors and the pattern and the cut...


























Oh, yes. I could totally wear that. And scrapbook with paper in that pattern. LOVE the bright/ happy colors against the mossy green. Really fantastic.


Anway. I'm off to lay in bed wishing I could fall asleep.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
--Buddha

::sigh:: I think that may become my mantra.
Catch ya' later.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope everything goes well with the surgery.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Stay positive...things will get better, I'm sure. I'll be praying that everything goes well with the surgery.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids and I have this book that we have read so many times. It's called Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. It's cute and funny and gives us perspective. He ends the story with his Mom telling him after a day that everything goes wrong...."some days are just like that even in Australia". I always tease that "some days are just like that even in Chicago..." - At the very least it makes me smile. It sounds like you've have a week or two of that. Hang in there and keep your perspective. Above all all, breathe and remember some days are just like that, even in Utah! :)
Hugs -laura :)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Love your mantra! Sorry to hear things have been so difficult lately. I just wanted to let you know that I've also been having "one of those weeks"~ lots of crazy, stressful stuff going on and when I got my Poppy Ink kit in the mail for the FIRST time this month it totally made my day. Thank Y for all the energy you put into your work. It's obviously a labor of love. You truly inspire others to live a creative life. The ups and downs, all the messy stuff comes with it, we all know. But that doesn't make it any easier. You are doing the right thing and living the good life:) *Hugs to you!*

Oh yea, and LOVE LOVE LOVE Anthropologie!!!!

Cheers!
Kari

11:34 AM  
Blogger e said...

heather...
so true this post...
so true....
i'm sorry things aren't so great...
it always seems like the bad comes all at once, huh?
i hate that...
I'm sending you some happy vibes...and wishes for a very safe and speedy surgery/recovery for the gibb ;)
it will all be ok.
xxxe

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one shop girl to another... there will always be problems with customers. It's crazy to think someone could get angry or frustrated over scrapbook suppplies. They need to get over it. It's not life or death that they didnt get a set of rub ons. Things happen...computer issues, vendor issues, and yes human error. If you do the right thing for your customers to help take care of the situation in some way (which you did) and if they still have a problem it's thiers and not yours. You have such great kits I'm sure you have WAY more happy customers than not. Dont let them get to you! Sorry for the longest post ever. Best wishes for your little guy too!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless your little guy. Love the quote, looks like your attitude is changing, Dont worry it will all work out!
Cant wait to get your October kit, looks yummy!
Take Care

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home