Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Little Man...

My Gibb goes in for surgery tomorrow. I'm trying to be okay. I keep telling myself that there isn't anything to worry abt. That he'll be totally fine. I went in for the pre-op appointment today and the nurse was explaining that for the first 20 minutes in the recovery room we won't be allowed in. I just can't imagine him coming out of the anesthesia without someone near him that he knows. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think abt it. So, I'm trying not to.
Yesterday we took him shopping for new Thomas Train PJ's. We bought him three pairs and some Thomas Train slippers. He was sooo psyched. He's crazy abt trains. My mom brought him a Thomas Train car wash thingie and Auntie got him a new Thomas Train coloring book with tattoos. He already has one on each hand. I bought him nearly every Thomas Train item that he doesn't already have. Are we seeing a pattern? In my family when there's a crisis, we buy things...::sigh::
Here's a few photos of Gibb earlier today... man, I just really love this kid. He's beyond amazing. And I know that he's going to do great tomorrow.


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such cute photos! Sending you some good energy for tomorrow:^)

11:05 PM  
Blogger e said...

he's SUPER cute.
and will be just fine. ;)
hugs and love heading your way...xxe

6:26 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery...he'll be fine...he is such a cutie!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking of you all...

hugs.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jillian Marie said...

Yes, definately all of the above. Many thoughts and prayers for you during this time. Little Gibb is a doll!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's gonna do awesome! I know what you are going through though. My oldest son had surgery when he was 8 and I was a wreck! Your baby will be great and it will be behind you all in no time! Good vibes coming to you today!
Anne Sheridan

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angels will definitely be around you guys, all will be well!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending hugs & prayers your family's way Heather!

My middle child was only 2 when he had his first surgery. His follow-up surgery was when he was 3 & he came through everything okay.

We spent extra time cuddling with him in his jammies & catering to his every whim. :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger AnneMarie said...

my dd had surgery this passed summer.. oh my- how hard was that! I was so scared!!! I hope he starts to hopping around soon :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger AnneMarie said...

my dd had surgery this passed summer.. oh my- how hard was that! I was so scared!!! I hope he starts to hopping around soon :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Juli said...

Hoping your next update is of good, healthy news.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that everything went well Heather! You have all been in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs to you!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Please post up date on your little Gib. I keep checking your blog in hopes of an update.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home