Thursday, January 04, 2007

Whoa.

So.
I'm not a very good blogger. Scratch that. I'm a blogger with good intentions, but not a lot of follow through. Blogging in a more regular fashion is at the top of my resolution list. It surely is. It's up there along with putting the wash away after folding it and putting the milk back in the fridge after using it. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Oh, Hawaii. What a sweeeet time that was. In some ways it wasn't really a "vacation" because we were sleeping in a 4 year olds room (thanks again, Hayley) on a blow-up mattress with Gibby sleeping 3 inches away on a toddler bed..so in that way, it was kinda more like "home for the holidays" than "tropical vacation." But we still had like this totally great time, and I'm so grateful to my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law for letting us stay with them. Most of my photos are stuck on Robbie's laptop, but I have a few that were still on the camera...
This was our last beach day. We drove out to Sunset to check out the waves. So great.
The island shack. It's across the street from Sunset. We walked in and sat down and the waitress totally ignored us until Robb's sister started waving her menu in the air. She then sauntered over and took our order in a totally aloof way. So funny to me. Here we are in a shack without a floor and corrugated metal for walls and we're getting attitude from the waitress. It took an hour to get our plate lunch, and when it was over Gibby proceeded to swipe the plate onto the ground. And break it. I guess we lived up to her expectations. T

I've never been prouder of my little man. He was a bit freaked out abt the ocean. He loved the sand, but wasn't really sure abt the water. It took him abt 45 minutes to get in the first time we went. Later in the week Robb bought Gibb this board so he'd be able to see the fish. We took it to Hanama Bay, but he didn't want to get on. The next time we went to the beach he totally did it. This is sooo Gibby. He takes his time to do things, and does them on his own terms. I like that abt him.

Okay. I love this photo. This is Gibb at Waimea Bay. Perfect.

I'll be posting a sneaky peekie of the January Poppy Project on my blog tomorrow. I LOVE it! :)

Catch ya' later!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg!! what cutie pics.. love the last one of Gibby!!! so cute!!! TFS your vacation with us! we miss you! Oh and I get to be 1st to comment.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jillian Marie said...

Yes, TFS-great stories and beautiful pictues! We are headed to Hawaii at the end of nxt month, I am so excited! Although, I have been obsessing abt having internet access on March 1st, since we wont return hm until 3rd-PI always on my mind!!!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo can't wait!!
so glad you had a wonderful time in Hawaii
beautiful pics!
happy new year's!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! how beautiful! i'll have to try and make it there one day. i'm a big fan of tropical locations. glad you had a great time, well, except for the island shack incident! ;)

12:01 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

awesome. beautiful pictures - thank you for sharing.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home