Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's a cake.

Okay. So I know it's not the greatest cake decorating job, or anything. BUT Gibb loved it! And I think Robb did too. I really wanted to go all out this Father's day, so I totally cooked three meals. And dessert! Yes. I realize how pathetic that must sound to most mama's. Cooking three meals is something I should be doing every day. I sooooo don't.
Before the big cake reveal, we went on a picnic. I pulled out the metal lunch boxes from Gibb's birthday and filled them with sandwiches and potato salad and raspberries and delish Jones Soda. It was so great to relax. Robb found the best spot under these big shady trees and a stream bubbled in front of us. We just sat there and chowed with grins on our faces. After dipping our toes in the freezing water, we headed out for a little fishing. I'm not into fishing. At all. But since it was father's day, I decided to pretend like I loved fishing. Oh yes. Fishing is super-awesome. ;-)

On Saturday we went to Summerfest! Lots of fun and painterly things going on. Here's my fav pic of Gibson. Just look at that color composition. ::sigh:: He's so very talented!

OH! I've been meaning to point out my newest Etsy find! Check out Andrew Daniel! I bought some of his prints and they are amazing. The color and movement is just sublime!

In other news: Gibb has become obsessed with getting a puppy and a little sister. The puppy I can handle, but the little sister? I'm not so sure abt that...

Catch ya' later!

6 Comments:

Blogger Delaney Gates said...

Oh, how fun! Great cake too. :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

We were at Summerfest too! My son also painted...wasn't that so much fun?

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad for not cooking everyday... it just means you've got lots of work. At least that's what I tell myself! LOL!

The cake looks yummy!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Edleen said...

that cake looks yummy!
and yes, a little sister :)
they're nice to dress up *wink*

Happy July!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I so want one of those paintings. Just dripp'en in color. Num.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home