Saturday, March 10, 2007

At 27...

Sheesh. Long time no blog.

I turned 27 last Sunday. I really can't believe it. I never, in a million bajillion years, thought I'd be 27. 27 is almost 30. 27 is on the downhill slope of the 20's. 27 sounds a whole heck of a lot older than 26. 27 is going to be a big year for me. I can feel it.
In honor of the big TWO-SEVEN, I thought I'd post 27 random facts about me. And a photo. Don't laugh at the photo. :D Okay, go ahead and laugh. I won't hear ya'!


1. I think abt my grandma every day. I miss the way she smelled like gingerbread and the roses she pinned in her hair.
2. I've been really into emerald green, navy blue, and candy-apple red.
3. I bought my first car this past year (navy blue Durango that I am beyondbeyond in love with).
4. I drink entirely too much Pepsi. And it's gotta stop.
5. I'm learning a lot about limits. I can set limits for myself and others around me, and still be dedicated--even passionate.
6. My heart races with I see a pretty display of crafty items.
7. While my own kit site was updating on the first of this month I was totally worried abt being able to purchase a Jenni Bowlin kit. I really think that kits are the best way to get scrappy stuff.
8. I love reading Memoir. My fav is David Sedaris.
9. I like buying new pens.
10. My mom's house is truly my quiet place. I walk in the door and I suddenly breathe easier.
11. I want to go back to school and get a graphic design degree.
12. Ever since I bought these for the May kit, I can't stop thinking abt how fun they'll be to use.
13. My hair has major root action going on.
14. I LOVE gyros.
15. I can't wait to take Gibb to Paris one day. I'll never forget what it felt like to walk beneath the Eiffel Tower and look up. Totally changed who I was.
16. My fav perfume is Clinque Happy.
17. I'm a fan of cookie dough.
18. I'm a chronic pessimist (good thing I'm married to a hopeless optimist).
19. I can't have enough legal pads.
20. I'm buying my first house. Eeeek! :D Robb and I have been so very excited abt decorating!
21. Listening to my Gibson sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" makes me get all teary.
22. I've started making bead necklaces! LOVE trying new crafty hobbies!
23. I don't cook. Ever.
24. My favorite poets are Sylivia Plath and Walt Whitman.
25. I love traveling. The best part is walking into the hotel room and crashing onto the bed and totally soaking in that I'm no longer home....love that...
26. I have a button obsession.
27. Watching my sister's become moms has been the sweetest journey. I look up to them. My sister Jen has been a second mama to Gibb this past year...couldn't have done any of this without her.

OH! Here's a pic of the March Poppy Project, Ellen:


I've loved making this project. The outside is fabric and the inside is mini-folders. My album is abt my Grandma. She sold Studio Girl, and kept a scrapbook of photos, letters, and clippings that had to do with he little business. If you bought this kit you're gonna LOVE putting it together! I'm sooo doing more of these in the future!


AND! Here's a photo of our lot. They've started bringing in dirt and are getting ready to pour the foundation! Eeeeeee! Too joyful for words! :D


Catch ya' later!

22 Comments:

Blogger Kim Henkel said...

happy, happy birthday! Love the little book! yummy yum yum! xoxo

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

so many things in your life to be so very happy about!! Love reading these facts!!

Happy Birthday!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Happy late birthday!

I know what you mean about 27. It just hit me a couple weeks ago that I'll be 27 this year, and yep almost 30. I tought I'd be the last person to freak out about my age. We dont' even have kids yet!

I really look forward to the project, and congrats on your soon to be new home!

9:37 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

heather - happy bday...i hope it was good. don't freak about turning 27. okay, talk to the gal who's gonna be 29 in a couple months. truly an EEK attack going on here. number 18 really spoke to me as it's the same here. congrats on your house. good year ahead. ;-)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all you look gorgeous in your pic! I loved your list. I dont cook either.LOL. How exciting about your new home! I love the Ellen project!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved reading this
happy birthday
congrats on the house!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

5:49 AM  
Blogger The Buford Family said...

just wait until you're 34 abt to be 35 - talk about never thinkn' you'd be that OLD!!!!! you've accomplished a lot by the age 27. and you've got such great style and talent!!!!!! i have a little somethin' for your bday i hope to mail it to you soon!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I turned 30 March 3rd. I remember back in the day when I thought 30 was so old. All my friends keep telling me 30 is the new 20 so I'm just going with that. It makes me feel a tiny bit better. So excited about the Poppy Project and glad I purchased it. Super cute !!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Vee said...

congrats on the new house
have an awesome year!!
love the ppk!!
looks awesome as always
great list too
smooches

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

happy birthday heather! reading the facts was fun and your pic looks fab! Congreats on your new house- so very, very exciting!

I'm 27 about to be 28 in May and I have to say- it's been a huge year for me- learned so many things about myself and has been very eye-opening and what a learning experience! enjoy it all!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday!

Loved reading the stuff about you. I'm with you on the legal pads, new pens, crafty items and scrappy kits!...oh, and cookie dough ;-)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I love number seven! Super cool!! *S*

The Poppy Project is so sweet! I can hardly wait to get mine!!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the poppy project! Cant wait to get mine! And omg i love the jenni bowlin kits! Thanks a lot now i have to work extra hard to buy more lol!!! I said this before but happy birthday again! And i am going to turn 30 on march 16th! Aghhh im crying i dont wanna be 30 booohooo! Its horrible pls make time stop! LOL!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that project.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I had to chuckle about your comment. 27 is still young, take it from someone who will be 33 this year! I can still DROP it like it's hot, girl! You look great! Reading your 27 random facts we have way too much in common, My parents home is my sanctuary, I instantly feel warm inside when I enter, I love pens too, I am going back to school to finish my master's in clinical psychology, just bought my first home, my fav cologne is Happy too, I make beaded jewelry, I too think about my granny everyday, I miss her dearly, I love Wild Cherry Pepsi way too much .....just funny reading that we have some of the same exact things in common.

Dana

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I had to chuckle about your comment. 27 is still young, take it from someone who will be 33 this year! I can still DROP it like it's hot, girl! You look great! Reading your 27 random facts we have way too much in common, My parents home is my sanctuary, I instantly feel warm inside when I enter, I love pens too, I am going back to school to finish my master's in clinical psychology, just bought my first home, my fav cologne is Happy too, I make beaded jewelry, I too think about my granny everyday, I miss her dearly, I love Wild Cherry Pepsi way too much .....just funny reading that we have some of the same exact things in common.

Dana

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I had to chuckle about your comment. 27 is still young, take it from someone who will be 33 this year! I can still DROP it like it's hot, girl! You look great! Reading your 27 random facts we have way too much in common, My parents home is my sanctuary, I instantly feel warm inside when I enter, I love pens too, I am going back to school to finish my master's in clinical psychology, just bought my first home, my fav cologne is Happy too, I make beaded jewelry, I too think about my granny everyday, I miss her dearly, I love Wild Cherry Pepsi way too much .....just funny reading that we have some of the same exact things in common.

Dana

7:26 AM  
Blogger doris sander said...

happy happy birthday to you! i turned 37 this wk! hmmm. love your blog entry idea here. not sure i'm up to it though. ha. :D

6:57 PM  
Blogger suzi finer said...

you don't look a day over 25~

9:34 PM  
Blogger love.boxes said...

Love the beautiful book you made. Love your green shirt... soo pretty. I adore, love am obsessed with bright, clear colors. Loved reading 27 things about you. Happy Birthday... belated. :)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home